Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome back, Motivation!

I have had NO motivation and NO willpower to run over the past couple of weeks. I finally realized it was because my shoes were making my feet hurt so badly after every run (I can't believe it took so long to realize THAT..).

SO -- I went to Runner's Roost yesterday and had them tell me what kind of shoe I need and OH. MY. GOSH. What a difference a shoe can make! I bought some Brooks Ghost 4's and they are the most comfortable shoe I have ever set foot in. I was so excited to run in my new shoes that I headed to the gym first thing this morning to try them out. Last week I would have used this sore throat of mine as an excuse to stay home. Not so today! Today I laced those babies up and hit the treadmill. Immediately I felt the difference in my  footfalls. These shoes are so cushion-y and comfortable I could have ran forever if I hadn't got so winded (definitely coming down with something). Lately, it's been my sore feet that cut my run short. Now I'm excited to get over this cold or whatever it is so I can put some real mileage on these shoes!

Corlet and I have decided to run the Denver half marathon this fall, so I've got that to train for and keep my motivation up as well. March is a busy month in our house and it has been pretty crazy around here. I've been completely slacking on this blog because I was too embarrassed to acknowledge my lack of commitment lately.  Now that I'm getting back on track in that respect, I should be posting here much more often as well. The weather here is getting warmer and more gorgeous every day. That means getting out of the gym and onto the road!




No comments:

Post a Comment