Thursday, February 9, 2012

Here We Go!

I recently discovered blogging, and I love it. I've actually realized a few new loves over the past year(ish). Running, crochet, crafting, cooking. All new loves of mine. I've always enjoyed writing, so the fact that I love blogging is not really very shocking. Starting a blog has been something my running partner and I have been talking about doing since the beginning of our running lives. We were hubbers for awhile, but somehow that isn't as fulfilling as this (for me anyway). I recently started a crafting blog with another friend, and once I sort of got it "figured out", I decided I would start a second one. Who knows? Maybe if I get it REALLY figured out I'll start a third.. or a fourth! The possibilities are endless. I plan on inviting my running partner to co-author this blog with me so she can feel free to write whenever she wants. Hopefully she will bless us all with her optimisms and motivation that she blesses me with all the time. Best. Running Partner. Ever. She pretty much rocks and I like to make sure she knows I think so.

In addition to writing about running, I plan on writing about stuff.. I don't know exactly WHAT stuff, but stuff. Whatever rambling of life events happens to be on my mind on any given day. I love crochet and am trying my hand at a home-based business. I will probably be linking up with my other blog, but I will post all pictures and prices of my wares here as well for easy reference. I'll also be providing you with links to things I think are worth looking at. I follow several blogs and will do my best to show you why you should be following them too! I'm pretty sure you can see a list of blogs I follow if you click on my full profile link. I don't follow things that aren't worth reading, so you may as well just go check them out :)

So now that I've filled you in on some of what you can expect from this blog, I'll tell you a bit about myself. I'm Jen (aka Crafty Jen). I am a SAHM (stay at home mom for those who don't know that abbreviation) in Colorado. I have a pretty great husband, 2 daughters, and a dog. My daughters are almost 13 and almost 3. They drive me nutty sometimes, but are the lights of my life. I've got amazing girls. My husband is wonderful and very supportive. He's also a pretty handy guy who enjoys doing DIY projects around the house. I may ask his permission and post about his projects on this blog. He's not much of a blogger himself..

I'm excited about creating this blog. One of the things I absolutely love about crafting is creating something from nothing. I just love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finish something that started as a mental picture in my brain. Nothing better. I hope you enjoy reading what I've got to say, and if you like any of my projects that are for sale, by all means send me an email and I'll get right back to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment