Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Running while on vacation

How do you do it? My family and I went to Oklahoma for a few days to do some work on my grandparents' house that has been vacant since my grandpa passed. I had every intention of running while we were there. I was actually kind of excited to run there. With the altitude here, I'm always excited to run in lower elevations. I don't know if it was just that we were only there for a few days or what, but I got ZERO running time in. My kids were both sick for one whole day, I spent one day with my (other) grandma, and one day I helped finish up the tiling in the house and visited some family that I rarely get to see. I did fit in some extra running time before we left home, so I'm not behind or anything, I just don't get this whole "time management" thing.. I am really REALLY terrible at it apparently.

I always have all kinds of fun plans for the days and I just can't seem to make anything actually happen. I don't know where my time goes. I guess everything must take a lot longer than I think it will. Take this post for instance. I finished up a new post on my other blog and thought, "I'll hop onto SJR, and quickly type up a new post there, too. THEN I will take my shower." When I thought that, I figured I would be half done showering by 9:30 --- it's 9:35, and here I sit. Still typing. If anyone has any tricks for managing time -- I'm all ears. I'd love to hear how you do it. I am a stay at home mom. I figured I would have plenty of time to get all of my housewife-ly duties done, and still be able to do fun stuff with my toddler, and run, and do all of my fun crafting stuff that I enjoy. Some days, I take a sip of my coffee, look at the clock and realize it is almost lunch time and I've gotten absolutely nothing done. How does that happen? I don't FEEL like I am wasting so much time, but I  must be. I just must be.

On that note, this is my plan for today:
Return overdue library books (and let Lilly wander the library and pick new books)
Home for lunch (make lunch/eat lunch)
Clean my house (sweep/clean bathroom/do laundry)
Decide what is for dinner and get it all ready to make (crockpot meal??)
Go to the dollar store and find bins for my craft closet (I need 20-ish)
Run (hopefully with Corlet)
Eat dinner
Bathe my child
Put child to bed
Craft

Pretty straight forward day. I don't feel like that is over-reaching. It is 9:45.. I'd better get going!


No comments:

Post a Comment