Friday, February 10, 2012

Running For a Reason

This blog is new, and I know this is tomorrow, but I want to make sure I mention it because I think it is worth it.

Tomorrow (Saturday, February 11, 2012) I will be participating in a virtual run for the family member of a fellow runner/blogger. Her blog is wildly popular, so the chances of your hearing it here first are very slim. However, if you are here and have no idea what I am talking about, go over to the Shut Up + Run blog and read the full story. You can get there easily by clicking THIS LINK.

It is a heartbreaking story. I admire Beth's courage and ability to rally so many so quickly to show support for the family and friends of her cousin Sherry. By following the link above, you can read the full story, and print a special race bib to wear during your run (or walk, or swim, or housecleaning). You can also make a donation for her family if you feel so inclined. Just give her a moment of your thought tomorrow.

It's so easy to connect with her as a fellow runner, but also as a fellow Mom, a fellow human. A woman who got up early and went out for her run, as she did every day and never came home to her family again. It really could happen to anyone. It is easy to get caught up in thoughts of all of the horrible things that could happen to us any day. This run is to stand up against that fear and "run on". Live life in spite of those things with your head held high, and maybe a bit more watchful an eye.

I'll be linking in a bit about running safety soon. I'll probably refer to the SUAR blog occasionally too, because I love it. I know Corlet is a follower also, and will be running for Sherry tomorrow as well.

So should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment