Monday, February 13, 2012

On The Run

Weekends seem to get away from me. I did my run on Saturday for Sherry. It was freezing here, so I was glad to do it in the comfort of the gym on the treadmill. I know there was a massive turn-out in many areas in spite of the weather. What a nice reminder that there are also wonderful, caring, and kind people to outnumber all of the horrible ones in the world. My heart still pours out to Sherry's friends and family. I hope they can take comfort in the support and kindness they have received in their time of unthinkable loss. Again, you can read the full story, including "virtual run day" details HERE.

My husband really rocks on the weekends. He rocks pretty much all of the time, but he really rocks on the weekends. On the weekends, he lets me sleep in as late as I want and hangs out with Lilly (our 3 year old) most of the day. She doesn't nap anymore (hasn't for a very long time), so my weekdays are full of toddler conversations and toddler activities. My weekends are too, but with Jake home I am free to do a few things by myself (..like shower..). This weekend I got in a nice run on Saturday and picked up some shelving for my newly claimed "craft closet" in our spare bedroom. We have this ability to collect clutter without realizing it. It apparently all lived in the spare bedroom closet. -- Not anymore. Now it has moved to the local donation center (ARC) where it will all hopefully find new homes. All I need to do now is have my wedding dress cleaned/pressed/preserved so I can find it a new home in the house. It's only been FOUR YEARS.. It's about time.

Lilly has been sick for over a week, and it's been cold and snowy here, so we've been stuck in the house. Today she was finally well enough to head to the gym. She loves the daycare at the rec center, and I love getting my workout done before lunch. I think it even got warm enough to melt off a lot of our snow. I'm pretty excited for that snow to shove off so we can get outside. I don't like to be cold, and Lilly takes after me that way, so we don't get outside much when it's super cold. When it's nice and warm we practically LIVE outdoors and I am ready, ready, READY for BBQ weather!

I have a jumble of ideas going on in my head for both blogs, and my budding crochet business. I find I procrastinate, get overwhelmed, then do nothing. I'm working on that and will hopefully have a system that works pretty soon. My 13 year old is actually very good at keeping me on track (which is ironic, because lshe doesn't do that great a job keeping herself on track!). I'm thinking between the two of us we'll get it figured out and I can become a better time budget-er. I guess being a stay at home mom has diminished my ability to manage time. My days have been busy, but have mainly consisted of playing, disciplining, cleaning, cooking, and playing some more. Not much of a time constraint connected with those tasks :) Now, I still have all of those tasks, plus the maintenance of two blogs and crochet orders suddenly piling in! <-- That's a GOOD problem to have! My long-winded point is -- have some patience with me while I'm figuring out how to manage my time. I'm doing my best not to neglect anything, but it just gets away from me from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment